Well, I guess I am getting old. I have been thinking about what I wanted to do for my 30th birthday, even though it is not until September, but I figured might as well start thinking about it. With Caroline, it is so hard to get away and with a budget, it makes it even harder. So, I was thinking it would be so fun to find a Cross Canadian Ragweed concert (one of my FAVORITE bands), either in Austin or Chicago (so I could take my favorite concert goer, Ashley Chapel, with me). I took a peek online to see what their upcoming dates where, and I was severely disappointed. This past May, Cross Canadian Ragweed sent out a press release that they are no longer touring. All the band members have families at home, and they felt, after doing 225 shows a year, for 15 years, it was time to take a break.
It was hard to be disappointed, because I completely understand. From college, all the way till now, CCR's music has always seemed to parallel my life. Whether it was the subject of Nashville, or moving on with your dreams, and now, taking time off the road to be with your family. Ed has said it many times, if he ever got back on a plane to go back on tour, he would regret it the minute he got on the plane. That is why he is a real estate agent. HA. Not that CCR is going into real estate, but the fact that they realize how important family time is, especially when kids are young, stirs so much emotion inside my heart.
When George Harrison of the Beatles died back in 2001, I remembered calling my mom, and she cried a little bit. I didn't really understand why she was so upset. When I read CCR's press release, at that moment, I totally understood my mom's feelings at that point. Something that I grew up with, and put so much heart and soul into, is gone-- but hopefully not forever. I still have the hope that they will return in full force-- and maybe Caroline, and her other sibling(s), will be old enough, that we can go out and have a good time, and not have to worry about them. :)
Tonight, we went to the Armadillo Christmas Art Event, and Cody Canada was the live music entertainment for the evening. I have always dreamed of the day that I could take my kids to see CCR, or Cody Canada. It wasn't quite what I pictured in my head. An acousitc set with Seth James (who he has now started a new band, The Departed) and Caroline started crying after the first song, so we left after song #3. But, none the less, Caroline was there. Once again, a mix of emotions. Kinda silly and sad. I guess it is just a reality check of where I am in my life. Time to move on...
One door closes two doors open
The road you take is the path you've chosen
The end is the beginning, beginning is the end
Every road gonna bring you round again
Stop and look around
Time to move on
Friday, December 17, 2010
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Posted by Lindsey at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Time passes -- things change -- life takes turns -- we grow up -- would we go back? -- NO -- but the memories are oh so tender -- part of our life -- but the best is yet to come! I love you precious girl! Forever!
Post a Comment