Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's a GIRL !!!!!







We have had a really fun day today. For Mother's Day, we invited our mom's to come to the appointment to see the ultrasound and find out if Blueberry is a boy or girl. They were both excited to be there and just as anxious as we were to find out the sex of the baby. We started with the ultrasound and were relieved to find out that everything was in its place and that Baby Blueberry is very healthy! The ultrasound was amazing to watch, plus emotional at the same time. The nurse doing the ultrasound said that she is "camera shy" which isn't good considering the number of photos taken around our house. She is also very modest and wasn't letting us see her "girl parts" so I am glad to know that she is rather modest-- ha! Anyway... Blueberry is now a girl berry and we couldn't be more thrilled!

After my appointment we went to lunch at Baby A's to tell the grandmas what we have decided to call Baby Blueberry. We decided that instead of just telling them, we would put it in an envelope for them to open. But instead of just writing it out, we decided to do a word scramble!! We are so evil! HAHA! It was pretty hilarious, but then we (the ladies) all cried. It was a fun moment. You can see them trying to figure it out on the video above. If you can't view the photos, we are going to name her Caroline Kessler Neuhaus. I just love the name-- I think it is sweet and beautiful. Everyone keeps asking me what the story is behind it--- well, there really isn't a story. I have just always love the name Caroline, and Kessler is Ed's middle name, as well as his Dad's middle name, so that makes it super special and fun.

It has been a really fun, emotional day and I can't wait to start planning all the fun little girl stuff to put in Caroline Kessler Neuhaus' room. So fun!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

PRECIOUS :)

Kristin Flewelling said...

I cried too! Love the video. Can not wait to meet and hug her!

Rendi said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Can't wait to see you and hug you!

Team Trevino said...

Thats the cutest video ever! Congratulations and can't wait to see you two and your little baby girl.

Granny Nanny said...

What a wonderfully fun day it was --- PINK LETTER DAY!!!! I am so thrilled that "Blueberry" is going to be a GIRL ---- Caroline --- I love her name. It was fascinating watching the sonogram - amazing actually!! Thumbs up, Caroline!! We are so blessed to have you growing healthy and strong - can't wait to hold, hug and love you little darling! Ed and Lindsey - thanks for the lunch and the word scramble (Most creative!!!) - and for sharing this special day with me and Graham! Love you all dearly and praying only God's very best for you always and forever! Granny Nanny

Shauna Sitra said...

Congrats Neuhaus Family! Such a beautiful name :)